Hai, recently amazon visited our campus for recruitment. Here is my amazon experience.
1000 people attend round 1
Round 1: (1.30 hrs)
20 MCQ’s + 2 coding question
19 MCQ’s were from os,c++,java and single mcq from probability
1. Find maximum sum in a array,such that no two elements are adjacent.
For example 3,2,7,10 should return 13, sum of 3 and 10. Handle for negative cases too.
2. Given a binary search tree,print the sum of all nodes that are in same axis (Modification of vertical order traversal)
I attended 12 mcq’s. There was negative marking,so i attended the questions which i was very confident and did both programs.
I was confident that i will clear the round 1.
Round 2: (Group Fly Activity) ( 1 hr)
Around 36 people were shortlisted for second round.
We were divided into many groups and each group was alloted a mentor.
Two questions were given and we have to discuss the approach with mentor and only after getting his approval we have to code.
1. Given a monotonically increasing and then decreasing array with duplicates and a key, return true if key exists in array.
2. Given k sorted arrays of different or equal sizes, merge them into a single sorted array.
Thanks to mentor, he was very cool and helpful, I did both the codes and handled corner cases too.
Round 3: (30-45 min)
18 people were shortlisted for third round and i was one among them.
First the interviewer asked to tell about myself.
Then he asked why i had low cgpa when compared with my school marks.
Then came the first question
1) Given n ropes of different length, combine them into a single rope,such that total cost is minimum. You can tie two ropes at a time,and cost of tying is sum of length of ropes.
First i gave a solution similar to insertion sort in a linked list,he was not satisfied, and then I gave a min heap approach. He asked for time complexity. I got wrong,so he asked what steps u will do and time complexity for each step. He added all the step cost and asked me to arrive at final time complexity.
After this, I got correct.
Then he asked about 2nd code in group fly activity.I used merge sort for it and he asked why i had used merge sort,and asked to improve the code.
Then i gave a min heap solution (:P we discussed after group round). He asked me to code it. I was not good at heaps. I tried my best but unable to arrive at working code
So finally he asked if i had any questions for him. I asked about amazon’s environment.After this i thanked and left.
I was sure that i will be eliminated and i was eliminated.
Only 10 people went to 4th round and 3 people were hired finally.
Here are some mistakes done by me
It was first f2f for me and i was very nervous and had butterflies in stomach, which ultimately decreased my performance.
I was not confident about the answer i gave.
My communication skills were very poor.
So try to avoid the mistakes done by me.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- ServiceNow Interview Experience Oncampus
- UHG Interview Experience | OnCampus- 2019
- MathWorks Interview Experience (EDG, Oncampus)
- InfoEdge Interview Experience | OnCampus-2019
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 249 (Telephonic Interview)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 180 (Telephonic Interview )
- Amazon Interview Experience (Telephonic Interview)
- Amazon Interview -SDE 1 Interview Experience
- Amazon Interview | Set 32
- Amazon Interview | Set 31
- Amazon Interview | Set 30
- Amazon Interview | Set 29
- Amazon Interview | Set 28
- Amazon Interview | Set 27
- Amazon Interview | Set 26