Amazon Interview experience | Set 127 (For Internship)
Amazon visited our campus for summer internship. I prepared from Amazon Interview Sets which were pretty helpful!
Here is my experience :
They had an online aptitude test on day 1. It was 90 minutes: 20 MCQs + 2 coding questions (choice between C/C++/Java for coding). MCQs were based on DSA, OS, and Math. They were apparently difficult.
Two Coding Questions :
1. Keypad problem – Little difficult problem on backtracking.
Surprise aptitude test:
2 coding questions 60 mins.
Questions involved DSA and strongly based on optimising the code:
eg :- 1->2->3->4->5->NULL , k = 3
2. Search for an element in an array which has elements who’s values are first increasing and then decreasing. (Use modified binary search)
2 One-on-one Interview rounds, both technical.
Try giving THE most optimal algorithm which satisfies edge cases too.
I was told to write the code on the paper.
Questions asked to me were:
First interview round
2. Given a sorted array which can have repeated elements, find the occurrence of an element. (Most optimal solution is O(logn) – Using binary search to find start and end occurrence)
3. Make a data structure and implement an algorithm to print all the files in a directory. (the root directory can have sub-directories too.)
I used an n-ary tree and BFS to print files. It can also be done using Stack.
Second interview round
1. He asked some question about my CV
3. DFS of binary tree, n-ary tree.
4. Then he asked some question from other subjects.
OS – Scheduling
DBMS – Normalization, Transaction
OOPS – Abstraction
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google and Microsoft Test Serieses.