Amazon Interview Experience SDE1| Off-campus
Online coding test comprising of two coding questions and 20 MCQs. The coding problems were:
- Rotate a matrix by 90 degrees.
- Longest increasing subsequence.
Technical 1, he asked me two questions:
- If a number is written on a paper and that paper is rotated by 180 degrees, will the number remain the same?
- Merge two sorted arrays to get a resultant sorted array. Sub questions were to get the resultant array into increasing as well as decreasing order.
Technical 2, he also gave me two questions. He first asked me about my strong areas. I accidentally told him my weak areas too. That was my blunder. Don’t ever do that.
- If there are files that are dependent on each other and I need to compile them. In what order should they be executed that all of them would get successfully compiled? This was basically topological sort.
- 2x+3y+7z = n –> Find all possible combinations of x, y, z such that they satisfy above equation. I had suggested two approaches but he wanted the solution of lesser complexity. The optimized solution is obtained by dynamic programming. I couldn’t answer it using DP.
Share your thoughts in the comments
Please Login to comment...