Amazon Interview Experience | SDE-1 (Off-Campus, 1 Year Experienced)
Hey guys !
I am sharing with you my interview experience with Amazon for SDE-1 role in June 2020. I was contacted by the HR asking me for my Resume. Next day she said she will be sharing an Online Assessment link.
Round 1:(Online Coding Round on Amcat Platform)
There were two coding questions need to be completed in 90 Min.
After this round, All rounds were Virtual Onsite Interviews of 1 hr each held on video call through Amazon Chime.
This round started with the Interviewer’s introduction and then my introduction. He then jumped to questions.
I gave him the pivoted approach. He then asked me to code it on a live code share.
2. Follow-up question: He asked me to solve it in a single Binary Search without finding the pivot.
Then I gave him the Improved Solution and he asked me to code it.
3. Tell me about a project that you have completed in your current organization.
4. Behavioural question: Any situation when you had to cut corners to meet a deadline.
This round again started with the Interviewer’s introduction and then my introduction. He then jumped to questions.
First I gave him the naive approach and then optimized to the best solution. He asked me to code it.
2. There are N bags, each having some no. of coins given by an array. We will be making K turns. In each turn, we have to select a bag and take out half coins from it (if coins=even, then coins/2 else coins/2+1). Return the maximum no. of coins that can be taken out in K turns.
Approach: Solved using Max Heap.
Round 4:(Hiring Manager)
This round again started with the Interviewer’s introduction and then my introduction. He then asked me a lot of Behavioural questions related to the projects for the first 40 minutes. Here you can find some Amazon Behavioural Questions. Then he asked 2 coding questions:
We first discussed the approach and then he asked me to code it.
He wants me to discuss all the possible solutions (Naive, Sorting, Hashing) with their time complexities. Only the approach, no need to code.
Round 5:(Bar Raiser)
This round was taken by a Senior SDE having 10+ years of experience at Amazon. The round started with his introduction and then my introduction.
- Tell me about a project that you have completed in your current organization.
- Some Behavioural questions related to the project.
- Transform a BST to greater sum tree
- Find intersection of intervals given by two lists