Given an array, print all subarrays in the array which has sum 0.
Input: arr = [6, 3, -1, -3, 4, -2, 2, 4, 6, -12, -7] Output: Subarray found from Index 2 to 4 Subarray found from Index 2 to 6 Subarray found from Index 5 to 6 Subarray found from Index 6 to 9 Subarray found from Index 0 to 10
Related posts: Find if there is a subarray with 0 sum
A simple solution is to consider all subarrays one by one and check if sum of every subarray is equal to 0 or not. The complexity of this solution would be O(n^2).
A better approach is to use Hashing.
Do following for each element in the array
- Maintain sum of elements encountered so far in a variable (say sum).
- If current sum is 0, we found a subarray starting from index 0 and ending at index current index
- Check if current sum exists in the hash table or not.
- If current sum already exists in the hash table then it indicates that this sum was the sum of some sub-array elements arr…arr[i] and now the same sum is obtained for the current sub-array arr…arr[j] which means that the sum of the sub-array arr[i+1]…arr[j] must be 0.
- Insert current sum into the hash table
Below is a dry run of the above approach:
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Subarray found from Index 2 to 4 Subarray found from Index 2 to 6 Subarray found from Index 5 to 6 Subarray found from Index 6 to 9 Subarray found from Index 0 to 10
This article is contributed by Aditya Goel. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Differences between number of increasing subarrays and decreasing subarrays in k sized windows
- Sum of XOR of all subarrays
- Sum of all Subarrays | Set 1
- Sum of bitwise OR of all subarrays
- Number of subarrays having sum less than K
- Max sum of M non-overlapping subarrays of size K
- Sum of Bitwise-OR of all subarrays of a given Array | Set 2
- Count subarrays with Prime sum
- Number of subarrays having product less than K
- Count the number of subarrays having a given XOR
- Number of subarrays have bitwise OR >= K
- Count subarrays with same even and odd elements
- Maximum of all Subarrays of size k using set in C++ STL
- Number of subarrays having sum of the form k^m, m >= 0
- Find number of subarrays with even sum