Amazon Interview Experience | Off-Campus 2021
Round 1(Coding Assessment): It has 2 Coding Question of medium-hard level. I gave the test along time back, don’t exactly remember the questions but I was able to do only one of them completely.
Suggestion: I would suggest doing coding practice from sites like GeeksforGeeks, Leetcode etc as it will give the confidence to solve problems.
- Don’t spend too much time on the first question you pick, if you are not able to do the first one try doing the second.
- I got a call for the interview along time later.
- I wasn’t prepared for interviewed at that time, I asked for few weeks of time for preparation and they gave me around 1-2 weeks.
3 rounds of Interviews was scheduled one day.
Round 2(Technical Interview Round 1): The interviewer was SDE3, He asked for an introduction.
- Then he asked me a coding question on Complete Binary tree. I didn’t know exactly about complete binary tree so he explained me.
- Question: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-value-k-in-given-complete-binary-tree-with-values-indexed-from-1-to-n/
- I never did the question before so I took time to understand a complete binary tree and then come with a solution in O(logN) time complexity. I started with basics and first gave a solution in O(N) time complexity then optimized it later.
- Then he asked me another question related to it.
- Question: Determine number of nodes in given Complete Binary Tree with values indexed from 1 to N.
- He asked me to use the 1st question solution and come up with an optimized solution for 2nd question, which I did quickly.
- He seems okay as I did the second question really quick.
Tips: Don’t bother if you haven’t heard about the question before, try to understand the question and the interviewer will also drop some hints, try to pick them.
Round 3(Technical Interview Round 2): It was taken by 2 interviewers but only one of them was asking questions.
- Initially they asked for an intro, then about projects I did in my previous company.
- They asked me some leadership principle(LP) questions. I don’t exactly remember the LP questions but one of them was like :
- What is the most challenging project you did previously and how did you manage?
- Then he asked me two question:
- Question 1: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/lru-cache-implementation/
- He asked me the approach first and then asked to code, he asked why I used list instead of dequeue? and what is the time complexity of each operation?
- Question 2: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/connect-n-ropes-minimum-cost/
- I did both the question in the most optimized way and wrote the code for both of them.
Tips: Just doing the question isn’t important, you should also know why you are using certain data structure and not any other.
While practicing question, try to understand the data structure that you are using.
Round 4(Managerial Round): It consists of basic questions like
- What is acid properties?
- What is the difference between http and https.
- Then he asked me leadership questions which I don’t exactly remember.
- In all of the leadership questions, you have to answer using your past experiences and include any of the leadership principles in your answer.
- Try to answer the exact question which is asked from you.
Round 5(Technical Round): They asked me 1 coding question and 1-2 LP questions.
- When did you exceed your deadline for a given task? What did your manager said and how did you manage?
Verdict: Selected, I accepted the offer.