8085 program to count total odd numbers in series of 10 numbers
Program – Write an assembly language program in 8085 microprocessor to count odd numbers in series of 10 numbers.
Assumption – Ten 8-bit numbers are stored from starting memory location 2050. Value of count is stored at memory location 3050.
- Initialize register H with 20 and register L with 4F so that indirect memory points to memory location 204F.
- Initialize register C with 00 and register D with 0A.
- Increment indirect memory by 1.
- Store value of M in accumulator A.
- Check whether the content in A is odd or even by performing AND operation of A with 01.
- If content of A is 01 after AND operation then number scanned was odd, If so then increment C by 01 else if content of A is 00 after AND operation then number scanned was even. Decrements D by 01.
- Check if zero flag is not set i.e. ZF = 0 then jump to step 3 otherwise store value of C at memory location 3050.
||LXI H 204F
||H <- 20, L <- 4F
||MVI C, 00
||C <- 00
||MVI D, 0A
||D <- 0A
||M <- M + 01
||MOV A, M
||A <- M
||A <- A (AND) 01
||Jump if ZF = 1
||C <- C + 01
||D <- D – 01
||Jump if ZF = 0
||MOV A, C
||A <- C
||M <- A
Explanation – Registers A, B, C, D, H, L are used for general purpose.
- LXI H 204F: assign 20 to H and 4F to L.
- MVI C, 00: assign 00 to C.
- MVI D, 0A: assign 0A to D.
- INX H: increment indirect memory location M by 01.
- MOV A, M: move content of M to A.
- ANI 01: perform AND operation of A with 01 and store the result in A.
- JZ 200F: jump if ZF = 1 to memory location 200F.
- INR C: increment C by 01.
- DCR D: decrements D by 01.
- JNZ 2007: jump if ZF = 0 to memory location 2007.
- MOV A, C: moves the content of C to A.
- STA 3050: store the content of A to memory location 3050.
- HLT: stops executing the program and halts any further execution.
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!