Program – Write an assembly language program in 8085 microprocessor to count even numbers in series of 10 numbers.
Assumption – Ten 8-bit numbers are stored from starting memory location 2050. Value of count is stored at memory location 3050.
- Initialize register H with 20 and register L with 4F so that indirect memory points to memory location 204F.
- Initialize register C with 00 and register D with 0A.
- Increment indirect memory by 1.
- Store value of M in accumulator A.
- Check whether the content in A is even or odd by performing AND operation of A with 01.
- If content of A is 00 after AND operation then number scanned was even, If so then increment C by 01 else if content of A is 01 after AND operation then number scanned was odd, If so then decrements D by 01.
- Check if zero flag is not set i.e. ZF = 0 then jump to step 3 otherwise store value of C at memory location 3050.
|2000||LXI H 204F||H <- 20, L <- 4F|
|2003||MVI C, 00||C <- 00|
|2005||MVI D, 0A||D <- 0A|
|2007||INX H||M <- M + 01|
|2008||MOV A, M||A <- M|
|2009||ANI 01||A <- A (AND) 01|
|200B||JNZ 200F||Jump if ZF = 0|
|200E||INR C||C <- C + 01|
|200F||DCR D||D <- D – 01|
|2010||JNZ 2007||Jump if ZF = 0|
|2013||MOV A, C||A <- C|
|2014||STA 3050||M <- A|
Explanation – Registers A, B, C, D, H, L are used for general purpose.
- LXI H 204F: assign 20 to H and 4F to L.
- MVI C, 00: assign 00 to C.
- MVI D, 0A: assign 0A to D.
- INX H: increment indirect memory location M by 01.
- MOV A, M: move content of M to A.
- ANI 01: perform AND operation of A with 01 and store the result in A.
- JNZ 200F: jump if ZF = 0 to memory location 200F.
- INR C: increment C by 01.
- DCR D: decrements D by 01.
- JNZ 2007: jump if ZF = 0 to memory location 2007.
- MOV A, C: moves the content of C to A.
- STA 3050: store the content of A to memory location 3050.
- HLT: stops executing the program and halts any further execution.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- 8085 program to count total odd numbers in series of 10 numbers
- 8085 program to find the sum of series of even numbers
- 8085 program to add two 8 bit numbers
- 8085 program to add two 16 bit numbers
- 8085 program to add 2-BCD numbers
- 8085 program to divide two 8 bit numbers
- 8085 program to multiply two 16-bit numbers
- 8085 program to swap two 8-bit numbers
- 8085 program to sum of two 8 bit numbers without carry
- 8085 program to add numbers in an array
- 8085 program to divide two 16 bit numbers
- 8085 program to multiply two 8 bit numbers
- 8085 program to subtract two 8-bit numbers with or without borrow
- 8085 program to add three 16 bit numbers stored in registers
- 8085 program to find maximum of two 8 bit numbers
- 8085 program to subtract two 16-bit numbers with or without borrow
- 8085 program to separate odd and even nos from a given list of numbers
- 8085 program to find the sum of first n natural numbers
- 8085 program to find larger of two 8 bit numbers
- 8085 program to find smallest number between two numbers
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.