Given a 26 letter character set, which is equivalent to character set of English alphabet i.e. (abcd….xyz) and act as a relation. We are also given several sentences and we have to translate them with the help of given new character set.
New character set : qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm Input : "utta" Output : geek Input : "egrt" Output : code
We have existing solution for this problem please refer Change string to a new character set link. We will solve this problem in python using Zip() method and Dictionary data structures. Approach is simple,
- Create a dictionary data structure where we will map original character set in english language with new given character set, zip(newCharSet,origCharSet) does it for us. It will map each character of original character set onto each given character of new character set sequentially and return list of tuples of pairs, now we convert it into dictionary using dict().
- Now iterate through original string and convert it into new string.
- Change string to a new character set
- Python | Insert character after every character pair
- Python | Ways to change keys in dictionary
- Python | How to dynamically change text of Checkbutton
- Python | Change column names and row indexes in Pandas DataFrame
- Python | Counting sign change in list containing Positive and Negative Integers
- Python | Character Encoding
- Python | Lowercase first character of String
- Ways to increment a character in Python
- Python | Frequency of each character in String
- Python | Deleting all occurrences of character
- Ways to remove i'th character from string in Python
- Python program for removing i-th character from a string
- Python | Prefix extraction before specific character
- Python | Remove last character in list of strings
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.