With advancement and innovation in technology, programming is becoming a highly in-demand skill for Software Developers. Everything you see around yourself from Smart TVs, ACs, Lights, Traffic Signals uses some kind of programming for executing user commands.
In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be efficient.
Data Structures and Algorithms are the identity of a good Software Developer. The interviews for technical roles in some of the tech giants like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Flipkart is more focused on measuring the knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms of the candidates. The main reason behind this is Data Structures and Algorithms improves the problem-solving ability of a candidate to a great extent.
With the increase in the demand for quality software engineers, companies are paying really high to hire them. Some of the reports say that the average base salary of a Software Developer in India is somewhere around 9 Lakhs and it goes up till 20-30 Lakhs per annum.
A Software Engineer named Praveen Annu claimed that anyone having a decent knowledge of programming and practice of writing efficient code in India will earn more than Rs 30-35 lakhs per annum.
Below is the salary report from glassdoor which states the average base pay of Software Developers in Bangalore, India.
Below are a few more salary reports from Glassdoor of some tech giants in India:
Why does Software Developer interviews at Tech Giants more focused towards Data Structures and Algorithms?
If you are going for an interview with some of the Tech Giants like Amazon, Google, Flipkart etc. or some other high paying companies for the role of a Software Developer or Backend Developer then you must be good at problem-solving. The interviews in these companies are more focused on analysing your problem-solving abilities.
We have picked some top answers for these questions from Quora written by people actually working as Software Developers in these companies.
Learning Data Structures & Algorithms
At GeeksforGeeks, we already have a vast collection of tutorials and problems based on Data Structures and Algorithms written by some good competitive programmers around the globe. We also have many past, running and upcoming courses on Data Structures and Algorithms which can be found on GeeksforGeeks-Courses.
We at GeeksforGeeks believe the major problems that any individual faces while learning Data Structures and Algorithms are:
- Poor learning resources available?
- Lack of guidance?
- Or even, no idea where to begin from?
- Unaffordable prices of some good courses available online to learn data-structures and algorithms.
In order to solve the above problems, we at GeeksforGeeks have designed a number of online courses available to learn Data-Structures and Algorithms at affordable prices. Our courses are mentored by industry experts who are working in companies like ADOBE.
Our latest online course to learn DS & Algo is named DSA 3, which covers everything about Data Structures from Basic to Advanced.
This is a 10 weeks long online certification program specializing in Data Structures & Algorithms which includes pre-recorded premium Video lectures & programming questions for practice. You will learn algorithmic techniques for solving various computational problems and will implement more than 200 algorithmic coding problems. This course offers you a wealth of programming challenges that you may face at your next job interview. The course focuses mainly on Data Structure & Algorithms: the key to selection in top product based companies.
Key Features of the Course
- Well organised tutorials on Data-Structures and Algorithms prepared by the GeeksforGeeks Team.
- Premium video lectures by Mr. Sandeep Jain, Founder and C.E.O of GeeksforGeeks.
- Dedicated doubt solving team to assist you.
- Weekly Assessment Tests with Video Solutions.
- Performance-Based Certificate.
- Internship Opportunities at GeeksforGeeks.
And, many more.
You are just a click away to begin on the journey to your Dream Job. Register now for the DSA3 course by clicking on the button below.
What Do People say about our courses?
Our aim at GeeksforGeeks is to make learning easier and cheaper at the same time! So, that our courses are easily accessible to a comparatively larger volume of audience.
Money should not stop you from learning.
Course begins on 3rd June, hurry up and book your seat for just RS 2,999.
- Learn Data Structures and Algorithms for your Dream Job with this online Course
- How can one become good at Data structures and Algorithms easily?
- Commonly asked Interview Questions for Front End Developers
- GRE Data Analysis | Probability
- Structure Member Alignment, Padding and Data Packing
- Commonly Asked Data Structure Interview Questions | Set 1
- Top 10 algorithms in Interview Questions
- Top 10 algorithms in Interview Questions | Set 2
- Top 20 Greedy Algorithms Interview Questions
- Analysis of Algorithms | Set 3 (Asymptotic Notations)
- Analysis of Algorithms | Set 2 (Worst, Average and Best Cases)
- Analysis of Algorithms | Set 4 (Analysis of Loops)
- Analysis of Algorithms | Set 1 (Asymptotic Analysis)
- GRE Geometry | Lines and Angles
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.