With advancement and innovation in technology, programming is becoming a highly in-demand skill for Software Developers. Everything you see around yourself from Smart TVs, ACs, Lights, Traffic Signals uses some kind of programming for executing user commands.
In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be efficient.
are the identity of a good Software Developer. The interviews for technical roles in some of the tech giants like
Google, Facebook, Amazon, Flipkart
is more focused on measuring the knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms of the candidates. The main reason behind this is Data Structures and Algorithms improve the problem-solving ability of a candidate to a great extent.
With the increase in the demand for quality software engineers, companies are paying really high to hire them. Some of the reports say that the
average base salary
of a Software Developer in India is somewhere around
and it goes up till
per annum. A Software Engineer named
claimed that anyone having a decent knowledge of programming and practice of writing efficient code in India will earn more than Rs
lakhs per annum. Below is the salary report from
which states the
average base pay
Software Developers in Bangalore, India.
Image Courtesy: Glassdoor
Below are a few more salary reports from
of some tech giants in India:
Avg. Base Pay of Amazon Software Developers in India
Average Base Pay of Flipkart Software Developers
Why does Software Developer interviews at Tech Giants more focused towards Data Structures and Algorithms?
If you are going for an interview with some of the Tech Giants like Amazon, Google, Flipkart, etc., or some other high-paying companies for the role of a Software Developer or Backend Developer then you must be good at problem-solving. The interviews in these companies are more focused on analyzing your problem-solving abilities. We have picked some top answers for these questions from
written by people actually working as Software Developers in these companies.
Answer Picked from Quora
Learning Data Structures & Algorithms
, we already have a vast collection of tutorials and problems based on Data Structures and Algorithms written by some good competitive programmers around the globe. We also have many past, running and upcoming courses on Data Structures and Algorithms which can be found on
. We at GeeksforGeeks believe the
that any individual faces while learning Data Structures and Algorithms are:
- Poor learning resources available?
- Lack of guidance?
- Or even, no idea where to begin from?
- Unaffordable prices of some good courses available online to learn data-structures and algorithms.
In order to solve the above problems, we at GeeksforGeeks have designed a
number of online courses
available to learn
Data-Structures and Algorithms
at affordable prices. Our courses are mentored by industry experts who are working in companies like
latest online course series
to learn DS & Algo is named
, which covers everything about Data Structures from
Basic to Advanced
. This is a
long online certification program specializing in Data Structures & Algorithms which includes pre-recorded premium Video lectures & programming questions for practice. You will learn algorithmic techniques for solving various computational problems and will implement more than 200 algorithmic coding problems. This course offers you a wealth of programming challenges that you may face at your next job interview. The course focuses mainly on
Data Structure & Algorithms
: the key to selection in top product based companies.
Key Features of the Course
- Well organised tutorials on Data-Structures and Algorithms prepared by the GeeksforGeeks Team.
- Premium video lectures by Mr. Sandeep Jain, Founder and C.E.O of GeeksforGeeks.
- Dedicated doubt solving team to assist you.
- Weekly Assessment Tests with Video Solutions.
- Performance-Based Certificate.
- Internship Opportunities at GeeksforGeeks.
- The courses are self-paced: Anyone can register anytime, make payment and begin the course.
- And, many more.
The course is available in two versions:
- With Doubt Assistance: The price of the self-paced online DSA course with doubt assistance is INR 3,999. Click here to purchase your ticket.
- Without Doubt Assistance: The price of the self-paced online DSA course without doubt assistance is INR 2,499. Click here to purchase your ticket .
- Geeks Classes Live
- An interview centric Live session focused on DSA to enhance your coding & problem-solving skills for product-based companies. The price of the
- LIVE Geeks Class course
- is INR
- What Do People say about our courses?
Surbhi Gupta – Placed in Akamai Technologies
Sharad Singh – Placed in Amazon
Chaavi Singh – Placed in Paytm
Chandan Kumar – Placed in Paytm
Our aim at GeeksforGeeks is to make learning easier and cheaper at the same time! So, that our courses are easily accessible to a comparatively larger volume of audience. Money should not stop you from learning.
Feeling lost in the world of random DSA topics, wasting time without progress? It's time for a change! Join our DSA course, where we'll guide you on an exciting journey to master DSA efficiently and on schedule.
Ready to dive in? Explore our Free Demo Content and join our DSA course, trusted by over 100,000 geeks!