What is GitHub Student Developer Pack and How to Get it?
Most of the professional-grade software comes at a cost that, almost all the students in this world can’t afford, this is where GitHub Education comes into the picture. GitHub Education is an platform which offers students real-world experience with free access to various developer tools. So what all do you get for free in GitHub Education? There is a range of software and learning tools one can get for free with GitHub Education, a list has been linked here.
Image Source: GitHub Education
So now the question is how to get this Free Developer Pack? Well, there are a few steps to it, along with a form that needs to be filled.
Step 1: First of all go to the following link: https://help.github.com/en/articles/applying-for-a-student-developer-pack
Step 2: Make sure you pass the following requirements:
- Be currently enrolled in a degree or diploma-granting course of studies such as a high school, secondary school, college, university, homeschool, or similar educational institution.
- Have a verifiable school-issued email address or upload documents that prove your current student status.
- Have a GitHub user account.
- Be at least 13 years old.
- Documents that prove your current student status include a picture of your school ID, class schedule, transcript, and affiliation or enrollment verification letter.
- During your tenure as a student, you may be prompted to periodically re-verify your current academic status.
Step 3: Next step is the start the application for The Developer Pack, Step by step process with screenshots given here:
Once your application is accepted you will be able to access the Developer Tools!
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!