As the nation is facing the lockdown situation due to the COVID-19 outbreak, everyone is staying at their home and maintaining social distancing to fight against this crisis. Meanwhile, every sector whether it be Education, Transportation, Manufacturing, or any other is having a negative impact due to this shutdown period but the situation is more stressful for the students across the country. As in the times when students are required to go to classrooms, learn and upgrade their skills and explore the world, they are getting stuck in their homes. However, this lockdown period can be proved as a blessing in disguise for all the students out there!! Yes, all you need to do is utilize this free time efficiently and make this period productive and worthwhile.
Before moving further, let’s take a look at all the points regarding how this lockdown period is affecting the students:
- Schools, colleges, and all other physical classrooms have been closed and the learning process has somehow get interrupted. (Meanwhile, e-Learning came as a savior in this tough time!!)
- Companies are having a tough time due to this lockdown period hence they are not conducting the physical interviews for the recruitment and even some companies are delaying and withdrawing the given job offerings.
- Exams (competitive, semesters, entrance, etc.) and results are getting delayed due to which students planning and consistency are getting disintegrated.
Now, as we mentioned above that despite such impacts on your career progression, students can still make this quarantine period valuable and productive. Indeed, staying at home with a laptop and good internet service is the perfect setup for students to conquer the battle. This is the time you can reward yourself by doing all the things that you want to do always from your career’s perspective without the time, curriculum, or any other boundations. Several useful approaches regarding the situation are listed below:
1. Learn New Skills
In this lockdown period, students can take a step ahead and learn a new set of skills that can help you in achieving your career goals. As they said that it takes only 21 days to build a habit, and this lockdown period is offering you a substantial amount of time. There are a lot of online platforms and resources available over the web where you can easily learn various new and demanding career skills such as Programming Language, Digital Marketing, Data Science, and many more. Meanwhile, learning new skills in this free time is much important as when the world will come back to normal your upgraded skill set will definitely reward you with a lot of opportunities.
2. Be Consistent With Your Study
However, you are recommended to use this free time to upgrade your skills but you also must ensure that your regular studies should not be interrupted or inconsistent in this period. You need to continue your studies through online mode and it would be better to get in touch with your teachers, trainers, etc. virtually. You can create a study plan and allocate the time to each subject accordingly. Students are recommended to find a quiet and positive space for study and take the regular breaks between the studies as well to get better results. This nationwide lockdown is a more critical period for the students hence they need to be more disciplined and concerned towards their studies and career goals.
3. Prepare for Job Interviews
Indeed, the COVID-19 outbreak has hit the companies’ workflow drastically and impacted their recruitment process as well but you won’t let this situation interrupt your job preparation anyhow. In fact, you should take this time as an opportunity to work on your skills, boost the interview preparation, and upgrade your resume to ace the interviews of big tech companies. You are recommended to cover all the important topics such as Data Structures and Algorithms, Programming Concepts, etc. and you can practice for various Coding Questions as well to crack the interview. You can apply for jobs in various IT giants such as Google, Amazon, etc. as they are conducting the online job interview and offering the recruitment even in this lockdown pandemic.
As of now, you must be aware of how this lockdown tenure can be more productive and valuable for the students, and with the same concern, GeeksforGeeks is offering you the Data Structures and Algorithms Online Course to make it more feasible for all the students. The online course is designed in such a way that you can learn all the Data Structures and Algorithms concepts from basic to the advanced level. This course is most beneficial in this lockdown period as you don’t need to step out from your home, yes, all you need to have a laptop and a good internet connection to access the video lectures and all other course features. Moreover, you can get this course at a discounted price of INR 2,499/-.
Now as you know about the ways to utilize this time efficiently so, don’t get stuck in the worry of this lockdown instead take this period as an opportunity and use the time to achieve something fruitful and worthwhile.
- Special 21 - Coding Interview Preparation in 21 Days Lockdown
- Bring Out The Geek In You During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Guide for Non-CS students to get placed in Software companies
- Why is programming important for first year or school students?
- What is the future of those students who are getting selected in mass recruiting companies
- Why Internships are Important for Engineering Students or Freshers?
- 13 Study Tips For Students - Smart Work is the Key of Success
- 7 Essential Mobile Apps for Computer Science(CS) Students
- 7 Best Skills For CS/IT Students to Add In Their Resume
- 7 Best Tips For Students To Stay Motivated When Studying
- Why GeeksforGeeks is an Essential Platform for CS/IT Students?
- 10 Tips For Students Who Are New To Online Learning
- Tips for Non-CS/IT Students to Get Into Computer Science Field
- Competitive Programming Vs Software Development for computer science students
- Importance of GATE CSE for tier 3 College Students
- Top Maths Apps for College Students in 2020
- What is WannaCry? How does WannaCry ransomware work?
- 60 Hz vs 144 Hz : Does it matter ?
- How does fileless malware make its way to Computer
- How Does the Blockchain Work?