UnitedHealth Group Interview Experience | Off-Campus 2021 (Virtual)
I belong to a tier-3 college. I applied for the SDE position through referral, and luckily I got the test link.
Each round started with my introduction and all the interviewers were quite supportive. I was able to solve all questions with their best Time Complexity.
Round 1(Online Round, 90 minutes)
- It was a test on the Hackerrank platform and comprises 6 questions. Three questions were based on the Data Structures and Algorithm and the remaining ones were on SQL query. I was able to solve the 2.7 questions of DSA and one question of SQL.
Round 2(Technical Interview, 90 minutes)
Two questions of DSA were asked which were:-
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/merge-sort-for-linked-list/ (This question wasn’t asked directly)
One SQL Question-
- One SQL question was asked to find the person from the table (two tables were given) who has placed the maximum orders.
I was able to solve both of the DSA questions optimally but wasn’t able to write the SQL query (although I told him the approach)
Round 3(Technical Interview, 90 minutes)
- This interviewer was more interested in my solution approaching skills. He asked me a question based on DSA in which there were 6 knights, and they were in a circle. Each knight has a power of 100 initially. Every knight kicks the knight who is in front of him with any random power. We need to find the last surviving knight (similar to https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/josephus-problem-set-1-a-on-solution/). This was a new question for me, but I was able to code it. One more coding question was asked.
- Apart from DSA, he asked me questions related to OS, Projects, DBMS, and questions like why do you want to be a Software Engineer, why CS when I am from ECE.
Round 4(Technical Interview, 90 minutes)
Two questions were asked based on DSA:-
- Find the longest path having maximum sum from leaf to leaf and containing the root. I was able to solve this problem recursively and She was quite satisfied with the approach and then I coded it.
One SQL Question
- SQL question which was to basically check if the given directory is correct or not. A table was given which had all the details. (I was able to give her the approach)
Round 5(Technical + MR, 60 minutes)
- This was the last round and one of the Senior managers took my interview. He was a quite helpful person. He asked me my favorite question from the previous rounds, then he switched to JAVA OOPS, OS, DBMS, Projects, and some basic SQL questions.
After a week, I received the offer letter & joining letter for the FTE + INTERN.
If you want to get into UHG then you should be able to write SQL queries but If you have good coding skills but average SQL knowledge (like me :P) then you’ll be able to make it to the end.