Intention of object oriented modeling and design is to learn how to apply object -oriented concepts to all the stages of the software development life cycle.Object-oriented modeling and design is a way of thinking about problems using models organized around real world concepts. The fundamental construct is the object, which combines both data structure and behavior.
Purpose of Models:
- Testing a physical entity before building it
- Communication with customers
- Reduction of complexity
Types of Models:
There are 3 types of models in the object oriented modeling and design are: Class Model, State Model, and Interaction Model. These are explained as following below.
- Class Model:
The class model shows all the classes present in the system. The class model shows the attributes and the behavior associated with the objects.
The class diagram is used to show the class model.The class diagram shows the class name followed by the attributes followed by the functions or the methods that are associated with the object of the class.Goal in constructing class model is to capture those concepts from the real world that are important to an application.
- State Model:
State model describes those aspects of objects concerned with time and the sequencing of operations – events that mark changes, states that define the context for events, and the organization of events and states.Actions and events in a state diagram become operations on objects in the class model. State diagram describes the state model.
- Interaction Model:
Interaction model is used to show the various interactions between objects, how the objects collaborate to achieve the behavior of the system as a whole.
The following diagrams are used to show the interaction model:
- Use Case Diagram
- Sequence Diagram
- Activity Diagram
- OOPs | Object Oriented Design
- Characteristics of Good Object Oriented Design
- Differences between Procedural and Object Oriented Programming
- Difference between Functional Programming and Object Oriented Programming
- Difference between Structured and Object-Oriented Analysis
- Star Schema in Data Warehouse modeling
- Conceptual Model of the Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- 7 Best 3D Modeling Software for Beginners in 2020
- Best Practices of Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Basic Illumination Models
- Different Software License models in Cloud Computing
- Pricing Models for Amazon EC2
- Management Information System (MIS) Models
- Introduction To Classic Security Models
- Design Twitter - A System Design Interview Question
- Design Dropbox - A System Design Interview Question
- Design BookMyShow - A System Design Interview Question
- Service-Oriented Architecture
- Virtualization In Cloud Computing and Types
- Understanding Data Attribute Types | Qualitative and Quantitative
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.