Before the interviews, I appeared for an online Assessment on Hacker-rank which consisted of two questions:
- Given a number of people ‘n’ and a number of groups ‘k’, find the distinct options to form ‘k’ contiguous groups out of the ‘n’ people while respecting the following conditions:
- In each option, the total of group sizes is equal to the number of people.
- In each option, each group’s size should be greater than or equal to the group to its left.
- The groups formed in each option are distinct, meaning that they differ in at least one group. For example, [1, 1, 1, 3] is distinct from [1, 1, 1, 2] but not from [1, 3, 1, 1].
- Example: people=8, groups=4
- Ans:5 ([1, 1, 1, 5], [1, 1, 2, 4], [1, 1, 3, 3], [1, 2, 2, 3], [2, 2, 2, 2])
- Consider a section of road with positions indexed like a number line. There are a number of vehicles on the road placed facing right along the line with the positions of the rear and front of each car known. There are multiple lanes, so some cars may share some of the same locations without running into one another. Determine the largest gap in positions of all cars, with regard to lanes.
- Example: n=10 (total length of road), start=[1, 2, 5, 8], finish=[2, 2, 6, 10]
- Ans: 2 .
It was supposed to be on-site but all my rounds happened on Zoom video call, due to COVID-19 lockdown.
- Given an integer, reverse it, without converting it into a string.
- Given an array which is sorted and then rotated, find the k’th smallest number. For both of these questions, I was asked to write the pseudo code on notepad while on screen share. And to explain the time complexity, and dry run some example test cases given by the interviewer.
It was also over Zoom video call.
- Basic Introduction. What are you working on? I mentioned micro-services, so he asked about the advantages and disadvantages of micro-services.
- Given a binary tree, find a root-to-leaf path with a given sum. Follow-up question: Print the root-to-leaf path also.
- Given an un-directed graph, fine the number of connected components. For the above question and this, I was asked to write the pseudo code on notepad while on screen share, to explain the time complexity, the data structures used and why I was using them.
- Builder Design Pattern. I didn’t know about it. So, we didn’t waste time on it.
- How would you design an LRU cache. What data structures you would use. The interview went on for a long time, hence we discussed it verbally.
It was with the VP(Engineering) of Turvo India, also over a Zoom call.
- He introduced himself and asked about myself.
- I was asked to explain about the best project, over which i worked in my current company.
- Given an airport with multiple runways, design the classes and methods to demonstrate how would you schedule arrivals and departures smoothly. Also, explain how will you handle emergency landings; how would you keep the data in sync, in real time.
- This round didn’t go well for me. And I was not allowed to go to the last round. Hope this article helps some of you bag an offer.
- Turvo Interview Experience for SDE-1
- CGI Interview Experience (On Campus for Associate Software Engineer)
- Sabre Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Associate software developer)
- KLA Tencor Interview Experience | Set 2 ( Associate Software Engineer )
- Sabre Interview Experience for Associate Software Developer
- Amdocs Interview Experience | On-Campus for Software Engineering Associate
- Amdocs interview Experience (On-Campus) for software engineer associate
- Amdocs Interview Experience | Set 4 (On-Campus Software Engineering Associate)
- Boomerang Commerce Interview Experience | Set 2 (Associate Software Developer 1)
- Amdocs Interview Experience | On-Campus | Software Engineer Associate
- ServiceNow Interview Experience | On-Campus for Associate Software Engineer
- ServiceNow Interview Experience (On-Campus) | Associate software engineer
- Sabre Interview Experience (On Campus for Associate Software Developer)
- Turvo Interview Experience for 2 years experienced
- Quikr Interview Experience (On-campus) for Associate Software Engineer(2019)
- Oracle Interview Experience | Set 63 (OFSS for Associate Application Developer and Associate Consultant Developer)
- Accenture Interview Experience for Full Stack Developer(FSD) and Associate Software Engineer (ASE) | Off-campus drive 2020
- Amdocs Interview Experience for Associate Software Engineer | Pool Campus at NIT Silchar | NIT Agartala | August 2019
- Akamai Interview Experience | Set 1 (For the role of Associate Network Infrastructure Engineer or Associate Network Operations Engineer)
- Cognizant Interview Experience | Set 5 (On Campus for Associate)