Tiling Perspective List Grid Hover Animation can be created by using the nth-child CSS property and a display grid. Each column element styles and hover effects are different and this effect gives a nice perspective look .
- Create an HTML file named index.html.
- Create a ul list element in HTML.
- Create some li list elements inside the ul created in the above step.
- Add styles in CSS.
- Use nth-child in CSS to get the required child element of the list and set the styles accordingly.
- For the 3D perspective look, use the transform property in CSS and use the perspective() method to achieve the look.
- The CSS perspective() function defines a transformation that sets the distance between the user and the z=0 plane.
- To get the elements of the 1st column, nth-child(3n+1) can be used which means every third element starting from the 1st element of the list. Similarly, nth-child(3n+2) and nth-child(3n+3) can be used to style the 2nd and 3rd columns respectively.
- To get the grid look, a display grid can be used to repeat 3 columns with some grid-gap in between.
HTML code: The following code demonstrates the index.html file as mentioned above.