In TCS 2017 campus placement, first round has introduced new pattern. This year onward, the test shall consist of 4 sections, instead of the earlier two. The duration, however, shall remain the same, i.e. 90 minutes. The details are:
1. Verbal Test (10 Mins) : This shall be similar to previous year’s section.
2. Quantitative Test (40 Mins) : This section will have only 20 questions now.
3. Test on Programming Language Proficiency (20 Mins) : This section shall have MCQ based questions related to basic programming concepts (on C language).
4. Coding Test (20 Mins) : This section shall require the student to solve a coding problem real time using an in built compiler (on C Language).
To solve this 4th section you can’t use keywords like “scanf, getc, getch, getchar” so to solve this type of coding problem. You have to use input from command line arguments.
Sample Program to Print all Command Line argument integers
If command line arguments will be 24 50.
Here is another sample question for this type of questions.
Problem Statement : Write a C program to calculate the factorial of a non negative integer N. The factorial of a number N is defined as the product of all integers from 1 up to N. Factorial of 0 is defined to be 1. The number N is a non negative integer that will be passed to the program as the first command line parameter. Write the output to stdout formatted as an integer WITHOUT any other additional text. You may assume that the input integer will be such that the output will not exceed the largest possible integer that can be stored in an int type variable.
If the argument is 4, the value of N is 4. So, 4 factorial is 1*2*3*4 = 24. Output : 24
24 if command line argument is 4.
In this, the programs asked in the exam are of moderate difficulty if you practice college’s first year C syllabus you should get good marks. Programs like Area of a circle, reversing a string, palindromes are asked.
This article is contributed by Alok Shakya. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Capgemini Interview Experience September 2017
- Persistent Systems Interview Experience | Set 3 (On-Campus Kolkata 2017)
- Robert Bosch Interview Experience | Set 5 (July 2017 On-Campus)
- United Health Group (Optum) Interview Experience (On-Campus 2017)
- TCS latest pattern test 2017
- TIAA Interview Experience -Java Back Backend Developer (3+ years Experience)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 23 (2+ years Experience for Java Developer Role)
- Arcesium Interview Experience - Senior Software Engineer (3 years experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience Software Engineer (1+ year experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience | Set 5 (3+ years experience - Developer profile)
- Nutanix Interview Experience for MTS - QA (4+ year experience) [ Language - Python ]
- Nagarro Interview Experience for Xamarin Developer | 3 Years Experience
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- Brocade Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Software Engineer 0-2.5 Years Experience)