TCP Client-Server Program to Check if a Given String is Palindrome
- Socket Programming in C/C++,
- TCP and UDP server using select,
- UDP Server-Client implementation in C
- TCP Client-Server Implementation in C
This article describes a Client and Server setup where a Client connects, sends a string to the server and the server shows the original string and sends confirmation whether the string is a palindrome or not, to the client using socket connection.
Input: naman Output: Palindrome Input: geek Output: Not Palindrome
- In this, first set up a client-server connection.
- When the connection will setup, the client will send the user input string to the server by the send system call.
- At the server-side, the server will wait for a string sent by the client.
- Server reads the string by the reading system call.
- After this, the server will check if the string is a palindrome or not and sends the confirmation back to the client.
- First, run the server program as
gcc server.c -o server ./server
- Run the client program on another terminal
gcc client.c -o client ./client
- Server program is waiting for the string sent by the client.
- Input the string in client-side.
- Server program will print original string.
- Client program will print result.
Below is the implementation of the above approach: