This model are broadly used network model. In Client-Server Network, Clients and server are differentiated, Specific server and clients are present. In Client-Server Network, Centralized server is used to store the data because its management is centralized.In Client-Server Network, Server respond the services which is request by Client.
This model does not differentiate the clients and the servers, In this each and every node is itself client and server. In Peer-to-Peer Network, Each and every node can do both request and respond for the services.
Difference between Client-Server and Peer-to-Peer Network:
|S.NO||Client-Server Network||Peer-to-Peer Network|
|1.||In Client-Server Network, Clients and server are differentiated, Specific server and clients are present.||In Peer-to-Peer Network, Clients and server are not differentiated.|
|2.||Client-Server Network focuses on information sharing.||While Peer-to-Peer Network focuses on connectivity.|
|3.||In Client-Server Network, Centralized server is used to store the data.||While in Peer-to-Peer Network, Each peer has its own data.|
|4.||In Client-Server Network, Server respond the services which is request by Client.||While in Peer-to-Peer Network, Each and every node can do both request and respond for the services.|
|5.||Client-Server Network are costlier than Peer-to-Peer Network.||While Peer-to-Peer Network are less costlier than Client-Server Network.|
|6.||Client-Server Network are more stable than Peer-to-Peer Network.||While Peer-to-Peer Network are less stable if number of peer is increase.|
- Difference between Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Difference between Network OS and Distributed OS
- Difference between Network and Internet
- Difference Between Virtual Private Network (VPN) and Proxy
- Difference between Unicast, Broadcast and Multicast in Computer Network
- Basic Network Attacks in Computer Network
- Difference Between Network Address Translation (NAT) and Port Address Translation (PAT)
- Network Protocols
- All you need to know about Network Neutrality
- Network Safeguarding
- Network Simulator 3
- WiMax in Computer Network
- A Model for Network Security
- MAC Filtering in Computer Network
- Packet flow in different Network
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.