Given a binary tree, find the sum of all the leaf nodes.
Input : 1 / \ 2 3 / \ / \ 4 5 6 7 \ 8 Output : Sum = 4 + 5 + 8 + 7 = 24
The idea is to traverse the tree in any fashion and check if the node is the leaf node or not. If the node is the leaf node, add node data to sum variable.
Following is the implementation of above approach.
Time Complexity : O(n)
This article is contributed by Mandeep Singh. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Count Non-Leaf nodes in a Binary Tree
- Product of all leaf nodes of binary tree
- Print all leaf nodes of a Binary Tree from left to right
- Pairwise Swap leaf nodes in a binary tree
- Maximum sum of non-leaf nodes among all levels of the given binary tree
- Print Sum and Product of all Non-Leaf nodes in Binary Tree
- Maximum sum of leaf nodes among all levels of the given binary tree
- Print all leaf nodes of a binary tree from right to left
- Print the nodes of binary tree as they become the leaf node
- Program to count leaf nodes in a binary tree
- Print leaf nodes in binary tree from left to right using one stack
- Iterative program to count leaf nodes in a Binary Tree
- Leaf nodes from Preorder of a Binary Search Tree (Using Recursion)
- Find height of a special binary tree whose leaf nodes are connected
- Print All Leaf Nodes of a Binary Tree from left to right | Set-2 ( Iterative Approach )