Given a binary tree, find the sum of all the leaf nodes.
Input : 1 / \ 2 3 / \ / \ 4 5 6 7 \ 8 Output : Sum = 4 + 5 + 8 + 7 = 24
The idea is to traverse the tree in any fashion and check if the node is the leaf node or not. If the node is the leaf node, add node data to sum variable.
Following is the implementation of above approach.
Time Complexity : O(n)
This article is contributed by Mandeep Singh. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Construct XOR tree by Given leaf nodes of Perfect Binary Tree
- Count Non-Leaf nodes in a Binary Tree
- Product of all leaf nodes of binary tree
- Maximum sum of leaf nodes among all levels of the given binary tree
- Maximum sum of non-leaf nodes among all levels of the given binary tree
- Print the nodes of binary tree as they become the leaf node
- Print Sum and Product of all Non-Leaf nodes in Binary Tree
- Print all leaf nodes of a Binary Tree from left to right
- Pairwise Swap leaf nodes in a binary tree
- Program to count leaf nodes in a binary tree
- Print all leaf nodes of a binary tree from right to left
- Print left and right leaf nodes separately in Binary Tree
- Leaf nodes from Preorder of a Binary Search Tree (Using Recursion)
- Print leaf nodes in binary tree from left to right using one stack
- Iterative program to count leaf nodes in a Binary Tree