Given a Binary Tree having positive and negative nodes, the task is to find the maximum sum of non-leaf nodes among all levels of the given binary tree.
Input: 4 / \ 2 -5 / \ -1 3 Output: 4 Sum of all non-leaf nodes at 0th level is 4. Sum of all non-leaf nodes at 1st level is 2. Sum of all non-leaf nodes at 2nd level is 0. Hence maximum sum is 4 Input: 1 / \ 2 3 / \ \ 4 5 8 / \ 6 7 Output: 8
Approach: The idea to solve the above problem is to do the level order traversal of the tree. While doing traversal, process nodes of different levels separately. For every level being processed, compute the sum of non-leaf nodes in the level and keep track of the maximum sum.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Maximum sum of leaf nodes among all levels of the given binary tree
- Find maximum among all right nodes in Binary Tree
- Print all nodes between two given levels in Binary Tree
- Print Levels of all nodes in a Binary Tree
- Print alternate nodes from all levels of a Binary Tree
- Count nodes from all lower levels smaller than minimum valued node of current level for every level in a Binary Tree
- Print odd positioned nodes of odd levels in level order of the given binary tree
- Print even positioned nodes of even levels in level order of the given binary tree
- Print even positioned nodes of odd levels in level order of the given binary tree
- Print odd positioned nodes of even levels in level order of the given binary tree
- Print Binary Tree levels in sorted order | Set 3 (Tree given as array)
- Print all K-sum levels in a Binary Tree
- Print levels with odd number of nodes and even number of nodes
- Print all Palindromic Levels Of a Binary Tree
- Print all Prime Levels of a Binary Tree
- Print all Co-Prime Levels of a Binary Tree
- Print all Exponential Levels of a Binary Tree
- Left-Right traversal of all the levels of Binary tree
- Print the nodes at odd levels of a tree
- Maximum sum from a tree with adjacent levels not allowed
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.