Given a list of sentences and a list of phrases. The task is to find which sentence(s) contain all the words in a phrase and for every phrase print the sentences number that contains the given phrase.
Constraint: A word cannot be a part of more than 10 sentences.
1. Strings are an array of characters.
2. Sentences are an array of words.
1. an array of
2. sentences are strings
Phrase1 is present in sentences: 1,2
Phrase2 is present in sentences: None
Since each word in phrase 1 exists in both the sentences,
but all the words in second phrase do not exist in either.
1. Sets in python are a hash table representation of arrays.
2. Searching in Sets are a function of time complexity O(1).
3. Sets only contain unique elements, and have no order.
1. Sets are a
2. Searching in
Phrase1 is present in sentences: 1, 2
Phrase2 is present in sentences: 2
Approach: For each Phrase, we have to find the sentences which contain all the words of the phrase. So, for each word in the given phrase, we check if a sentence contains it. We do this for each sentence. This process of searching may become faster if the words in the sentence are stored in a set instead of a list.
Below is the implementation of above approach:
Phrase1: 1 2 Phrase2: NONE
- How to get the first word of a sentence in PHP?
- Python | Remove all duplicates words from a given sentence
- How to put the text inside of a created icon?
- Get current timestamp using Python
- Explain Chosen and Select2 with examples
- AngularJS | Application
- How to use font-awesome icons from node-modules?
- Calling a Super Class Constructor in Python
- How to Change a Dictionary Into a Class?
- Traceback in Python
- What are the best input sanitizing functions in PHP ?
- GATE CSE preparation story
- How to get the number of pages in a PDF document using PHP ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.