self represents the instance of the class. By using the “self” keyword we can access the attributes and methods of the class in python. It binds the attributes with the given arguments.
The reason you need to use self. is because Python does not use the @ syntax to refer to instance attributes. Python decided to do methods in a way that makes the instance to which the method belongs be passed automatically, but not received automatically: the first parameter of methods is the instance the method is called on
Model is audi a4 color is blue Model is ferrari 488 color is green
Self is a convention and not a real python keyword
self is parameter in function and user can use another parameter name in place of it.But it is advisable to use self because it increase the readability of code.
we have used another parameter name in place of self
- Python Library for Self-Balancing BST
- OpenCV and Keras | Traffic Sign Classification for Self-Driving Car
- Self Organising Maps - Kohonen Maps
- Overview of Kalman Filter for Self-Driving Car
- ANN - Implementation of Self Organizing Neural Network (SONN) from Scratch
- Class or Static Variables in Python
- String Template Class in Python
- Changing Class Members in Python
- Object Oriented Programming in Python | Set 1 (Class, Object and Members)
- class method vs static method in Python
- First Class functions in Python
- Violinplot in Python using axes class of Matplotlib
- Class and Instance Attributes in Python
- Matplotlib.ticker.MultipleLocator Class in Python
- Matplotlib.gridspec.GridSpec Class in Python
- CBSE Class 12 | Computer Science - Python Syllabus
- CBSE Class 11 | Computer Science - Python Syllabus
- Matplotlib.patches.CirclePolygon class in Python
- Python program to create Bankaccount class with deposit, withdraw function
- Class as decorator in python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : sudhansan5