Samsung Prism Interview Experience
Samsung R&D Bangalore has started a student program, called PRISM, which offers students a chance to work on real-world projects, interact with top technical experts and provide hands-on experience in core technology domains. In this article, I will be highlighting the entire recruitment process in depth.
The program is currently limited to select colleges with whom Samsung has signed MoU’s and my institute happened to be one of them.
The selection process is fairly simple and consists of just one coding round, having 3 problems, based on basic concepts of Data Structures And Algorithms. The time limit was 1 hour. There were various sets having different questions, but the difficulty level was uniform for all sets.
The 3 questions in my set were:
- Given two binary strings, find and return the sum of those two numbers represented by those strings.
- Given root of a tree and a key. Find the sum of cousin nodes at that level
- Given root of a tree find the sum of all left leaf nodes which also has its right sibling.
I could solve 2 out of the 3 questions, but turns out, that was sufficient to get me shortlisted for the program.
- Be fluent with data structures and algorithms, especially trees and graphs.
- Get familiar with modular coding – writing only functions, instead of writing programs from scratch. The online code judges only test your logical and analytic clarity of concepts through short functions, which you have to complete.
- Don’t rely on C++ STL for coding tests, as many platforms don’t allow you to use them.
Final Verdict: SELECTED
Hope this article helps you!
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!