Given an input string, write a function that returns the Run Length Encoded string for the input string.
For example, if the input string is ‘wwwwaaadexxxxxx’, then the function should return ‘w4a3d1e1x6’.
Input : str = 'wwwwaaadexxxxxx' Output : 'w4a3d1e1x6'
This problem has existing solution please refer Run Length Encoding link. Here we will solve this problem quickly in python using OrderedDict. Approach is very simple, first we create a ordered dictionary which contains characters of input string as key and 0 as their default value, now we run a loop to count frequency of each character and will map it to it’s corresponding key.
This article is contributed by Shashank Mishra (Gullu). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Run Length Encoding
- Program to implement Run Length Encoding using Linked Lists
- ML | One Hot Encoding of datasets in Python
- Python | Character Encoding
- Python | C Strings of Doubtful Encoding | Set-1
- ML | Label Encoding of datasets in Python
- Python | Encoding Decoding using Matrix
- Python | C Strings of Doubtful Encoding | Set-2
- Elias Gamma Encoding in Python
- response.encoding - Python requests
- Encoding and Decoding Base64 Strings in Python
- Encoding and Decoding Custom Objects in Python-JSON
- Mean Encoding - Machine Learning
- Encoding a word into Pig Latin
- Feature Encoding Techniques - Machine Learning
- Check if an encoding represents a unique binary string
- Python string length | len()
- Get length of dictionary in Python
- Find the length of a set in Python
- Python - Value length dictionary
Improved By : gayatrivgk