Given an input string, write a function that returns the Run Length Encoded string for the input string.
For example, if the input string is ‘wwwwaaadexxxxxx’, then the function should return ‘w4a3d1e1x6’.
Input : str = 'wwwwaaadexxxxxx' Output : 'w4a3d1e1x6'
This problem has existing solution please refer Run Length Encoding link. Here we will solve this problem quickly in python using OrderedDict. Approach is very simple, first we create a ordered dictionary which contains characters of input string as key and 0 as their default value, now we run a loop to count frequency of each character and will map it to it’s corresponding key.
This article is contributed by Shashank Mishra (Gullu). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Run Length Encoding
- Program to implement Run Length Encoding using Linked Lists
- ML | One Hot Encoding of datasets in Python
- Python | C Strings of Doubtful Encoding | Set-1
- Python | C Strings of Doubtful Encoding | Set-2
- ML | Label Encoding of datasets in Python
- Encoding a word into Pig Latin
- Python string length | len()
- Python | Find whether all tuple have same length
- Python | Custom length Matrix
- Python | Strings length summation
- Python | Sort a List according to the Length of the Elements
- Python | Ways to find length of list
- Find length of a string in python (4 ways)
- Python | Generate random string of given length