Given an input string, write a function that returns the Run Length Encoded string for the input string.
For example, if the input string is “wwwwaaadexxxxxx”, then the function should return “w4a3d1e1x6”.
a) Pick the first character from source string.
b) Append the picked character to the destination string.
c) Count the number of subsequent occurrences of the picked character and append the count to destination string.
d) Pick the next character and repeat steps b) c) and d) if end of string is NOT reached.
Time Complexity: O(n)
Please write comments if you find the above code/algorithm incorrect, or find better ways to solve the same problem.
- Run Length Encoding in Python
- Program to implement Run Length Encoding using Linked Lists
- Encoding a word into Pig Latin
- Check if an encoding represents a unique binary string
- Minimum length of the sub-string whose characters can be used to form a palindrome of length K
- Nth Even length Palindrome
- Sum of first K even-length Palindrome numbers
- Maximum length of segments of 0's and 1's
- Sub-strings of length K containing same character
- Length Of Last Word in a String
- Repeated subsequence of length 2 or more
- Count of sub-strings of length n possible from the given string
- Length of the longest substring that do not contain any palindrome
- Check if all the palindromic sub-strings are of odd length
- Find max length odd parity substring