Given a string, write a Python program to find out all possible permutations of a string. Let’s discuss a few methods to solve the problem.
Method #1: Using Naive Method
Initial string abc Resultant permutations ['abc', 'acb', 'bac', 'bca', 'cba', 'cab']
Method #2: Using itertools
Initial string abc Resultant List ['abc', 'acb', 'bac', 'bca', 'cab', 'cba']
- Find length of a string in python (4 ways)
- Python | Ways to find nth occurrence of substring in a string
- Python | Ways to split a string in different ways
- Python | Permutation of a given string using inbuilt function
- Reverse string in Python (5 different ways)
- Python | Ways to check if given string contains only letter
- Ways to remove i'th character from string in Python
- Python | Ways to check string contain all same characters
- Python | Ways to concatenate boolean to string
- Python | Ways to count number of substring in string
- Python | Ways to sort letters of string alphabetically
- Python | Ways to convert list of ASCII value to string
- Python | Ways to remove numeric digits from given string
- Python | Ways to convert string to json object
- Python | Ways to remove n characters from start of given string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.