As we know, Python is a popular scripting language because of its versatile features. In this article, we will write a Python script to shutdown a computer.
To shut down the computer/PC/laptop by using a Python script, you have to use the
os.system() function with the code “
shutdown /s /t 1” .
Note: For this to work, you have to import
os libraryin the ide. If you don’t have it, then ‘
pip install os‘ through the Command Prompt.
Causion: Please ensure that you save and close all the program before running this code on the IDLE, as the below program will immediately shut down your computer.
Below is the Python implementation –
Here is the Python Program which will ask the user to shut down the computer providing the option of Yes or No. Also, when you type yes & then press the ENTER key, the system will be shut down instantly.
- Python Script to Logout Computer
- Python Script to Restart Computer
- Python | Accepting Script Input
- Autorun a Python script on windows startup
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python script to open a Google Map location on clipboard
- Run Python script from Node.js using child process spawn() method
- CBSE Class 11 | Computer Science - Python Syllabus
- CBSE Class 12 | Computer Science - Python Syllabus
- Computer Science Class XII (2016-17)
- Computer Vision module application for finding a target in a live camera
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.