One-time Passwords (OTP) is a password that is valid for only one login session or transaction in a computer or a digital device. Now a days OTP’s are used in almost every service like Internet Banking, online transactions etc. They are generally combination of 4 or 6 numeric digits or a 6-digit alphanumeric.
random() function can be used to generate random OTP which is predefined in random library. Let’s see how to generate OTP using Python.
random.random(): This function returns any random number between 0 to 1.
math.floor(): It returns floor of any floating number to a integer value.
Using the above function pick random index of string array which contains all the possible candidates of a particular digit of the OTP.
Example #1 : Generate 4 digit Numeric OTP
OTP of 4 digits: 3211
Example #2: Generate alphanumeric OTP of length 6
OTP of length 6: pyelJl
Example #3: Using String constants
- Python program to check the validity of a Password
- Python Program to Generate Random binary string
- Password validation in Python
- Generating Strong Password using Python
- getpass() and getuser() in Python (Password without echo)
- Python | Random Password Generator using Tkinter
- Python | Prompt for Password at Runtime and Termination with Error Message
- Program to generate all possible valid IP addresses from given string
- Generate all permutation of a set in Python
- Generate a graph using Dictionary in Python
- Python | Generate random string of given length
- Python - Generate random number except K in list
- How to generate byte code file in python ?
- Python | Generate random number except K in list
- Python | Generate QR Code using pyqrcode module
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.