Given two sentences as strings A and B. The task is to return a list of all uncommon words. A word is uncommon if it appears exactly once in any one of the sentences, and does not appear in the other sentence.
Note: A sentence is a string of space-separated words. Each word consists only of lowercase letters.
Input : A = "Geeks for Geeks" B = "Learning from Geeks for Geeks" Output : ['Learning', 'from'] Input : A = "apple banana mango" B = "banana fruits mango" Output : ['apple', 'fruits']
Approach: Every uncommon word occurs exactly once in any one of the strings. So, we make a hash to count the number of occurrences of every word, then return a list of words that occurs exactly once.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Another way to solve this problem:
Also another way-using in-built function “symmetric_difference()”
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Find uncommon characters of the two strings
- Find uncommon characters of the two strings | Set 2
- Concatenated string with uncommon characters of two strings
- Python | Extract Nth words in Strings List
- Python | Common words among tuple strings
- Python - Remove duplicate words from Strings in List
- Python program to count words in a sentence
- Python program to print even length words in a string
- Python | Find k longest words in given list
- Python - Find Words with both alphabets and numbers
- Python - String uncommon characters
- Concatenated string with uncommon characters in Python
- Python | Uncommon elements in Lists of List
- Program to find Greatest Common Divisor (GCD) of N strings
- Palindrome pair in an array of words (or strings)
- Sorting array of strings (or words) using Trie
- Python | Program to accept the strings which contains all vowels
- Sort an array of strings based on the frequency of good words in them
- Python Program to Count number of binary strings without consecutive 1's
- Python Program for Program to find area of a circle
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.