Given two sentences as strings A and B. The task is to return a list of all uncommon words. A word is uncommon if it appears exactly once in any one of the sentences, and does not appear in the other sentence.
Note: A sentence is a string of space separated words. Each word consists only of lowercase letters.
Input : A = "Geeks for Geeks" B = "Learning from Geeks for Geeks" Output : ['Learning', 'from'] Input : A = "apple banana mango" B = "banana fruits mango" Output : ['apple', 'fruits']
Approach: Every uncommon word occurs exactly once in any one of the strings. So, we make a hash to count the number of occurrences of every word, then return list of words that occurs exactly once.
Below is the implementation of above approach:
- Find uncommon characters of the two strings | Set 2
- Find uncommon characters of the two strings
- Python | Common words among tuple strings
- Python - Remove duplicate words from Strings in List
- Concatenated string with uncommon characters of two strings
- Python program to count words in a sentence
- Python program to print even length words in a string
- Python | Find k longest words in given list
- Python - String uncommon characters
- Concatenated string with uncommon characters in Python
- Python | Uncommon elements in Lists of List
- Python | Program to accept the strings which contains all vowels
- Palindrome pair in an array of words (or strings)
- Sorting array of strings (or words) using Trie
- Python Program to Count number of binary strings without consecutive 1's
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.