Given a string, count the number of vowels present in given string using Sets.
Prerequisite: Sets in Python
Input : GeeksforGeeks Output : No. of vowels : 5 Input : Hello World Output : No. of vowels : 3
1. Create a set of vowels using set() and initialize a count variable to 0.
2. Traverse through the alphabets in the string and check if the letter in the string is present in set vowel.
3. If it is present, the vowel count is incremented.
Below is the implementation of above approach:
No. of vowels : 5
- Python | Count and display vowels in a string
- Program to count vowels in a string (Iterative and Recursive)
- Program to count vowels, consonant, digits and special characters in string.
- Count the number of vowels occurring in all the substrings of given string
- Program to remove vowels from a String
- Python | Program to accept the strings which contains all vowels
- Python | Count the Number of matching characters in a pair of string
- Python program to find common elements in three lists using sets
- Encrypt string with product of number of vowels and consonants in substring of size k
- Python String | count()
- Count strings with consonants and vowels at alternate position
- Reverse vowels in a given string
- Modify the string such that it contains all vowels at least once
- Python | Count occurrences of a character in string
- Remove consecutive vowels from string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.