Given a string and write a C program to count the number of vowels and consonants in this string.
Input: str = "geeks for geeks" Output: Vowels: 5 Consonants: 8 Input: str = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz" Output: Vowels: 5 Consonants: 21
- Take the string as input
- Take each character from this string to check
- If this character is a vowel, increment the count of vowels
- Else increment the count of consonants.
- Print the total count of vowels and consonants in the end.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
String: geeks for geeks Vowels: 5 Consonants: 8
- Modify string by removing vowels in between two consonants
- Program to count vowels in a string (Iterative and Recursive)
- Program to count vowels, consonant, digits and special characters in string.
- Count consonants in a string (Iterative and recursive methods)
- Program to duplicate Vowels in String
- Program to remove vowels from a String
- Count substrings that contain all vowels | SET 2
- Remove consecutive vowels from string
- Longest Subsequence of a String containing only vowels
- Count number of Distinct Substring in a String
- C Program to count the Number of Characters in a File
- C Program to count number of lines in a file
- Lex program to count the number of lines, spaces and tabs
- Program to count number of distinct Squares and Cubes upto N
- C++ program to concatenate a string given number of times
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.