Given four integers X, Y, M and N. The task is to find the number of ways to form a word by choosing X number of vowels and Y number of consonants from total numbers of M vowels and N consonants.
Input : X = 2, Y = 2, M = 3, N = 3
Output : 216
The total number of ways of choosing 2 vowels from a total number of 3 vowels is i.e 3
The total number of ways of choosing 2 consonants from a total number of 3 consonants is i.e 3.
The total number of ways of selecting 2 consonants from 3 and 2 vowels from 3 is * = 9
The total number of ways of arranging 4 letters among themselves = 4! = 24
Hence, the required number of ways = 24 * 9 = 216
Input : X = 1, Y = 2, M = 2, N = 3
Output : 36
- The total number of ways of choosing X vowels from a total number of M vowels is
- The total number of ways of choosing Y consonants from a total number of N consonants is
- The total number of ways of selecting Y consonants from N and X vowels from M is *
- The total number of ways of arranging (X+Y) letters among themselves = (X+Y)!
- Hence, the required number of ways = (X+Y)! * *
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Number of words that can be made using exactly P consonants and Q vowels from the given string
- Check whether all the substrings have number of vowels atleast as that of consonants
- Encrypt string with product of number of vowels and consonants in substring of size k
- Modify string by removing vowels in between two consonants
- Replace all consonants with nearest vowels in a string
- Arrange consonants and vowels nodes in a linked list
- Count strings with consonants and vowels at alternate position
- Modify the string by swapping continuous vowels or consonants
- Replace consonants with next immediate consonants alphabetically in a String
- Arrangement of words without changing the relative position of vowel and consonants
- Find substrings that contain all vowels
- Queries to find the count of vowels in the substrings of the given string
- Sort an Array of Strings according to the number of Vowels in them
- Number of ways to arrange a word such that all vowels occur together
- Count the number of vowels occurring in all the substrings of given string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.