OS module in Python provides functions for interacting with the operating system. OS comes under Python’s standard utility modules. This module provides a portable way of using operating system dependent functionality.
A pipe is a method to pass information from one process to another process. It offers only one-way communication and the passed information is held by the system until it is read by the receiving process.
os.pipe2() method in Python is used to create a pipe with flags set automatically.
flags: The flags parameter is constructed by ORing together one or more of os.O_NONBLOCK and os.O_CLOEXEC values.
Return Type: This method returns a pair of file descriptors (r, w) usable for reading and writing, respectively.
Parent process is writing Text written: Hello child process Child Process is reading Text read: Hello child process
- Difference between Method Overloading and Method Overriding in Python
- class method vs static method in Python
- Python | os.dup() method
- Python | next() method
- Python | set() method
- Python | PyTorch tan() method
- Python | sympy.nT() method
- Python | sympy.Add() method
- Python | PyTorch cos() method
- Method Overriding in Python
- Python | os.chmod method
- Python | PyTorch sin() method
- turtle.pos() method in Python
- Python | sys.setswitchinterval() method
- Python | os.listdir() method
- Python | os.uname() method
- Python | sympy.nP() method
- Python | sympy.nC() method
- Python PIL | ImageChops.add() method
- Python | os.sched_get_priority_min() method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.