OS module in Python provides functions for interacting with the operating system. OS comes under Python’s standard utility modules. This module provides a portable way of using operating system dependent functionality.
A pipe is a method to pass information from one process to another process. It offers only one-way communication and the passed information is held by the system until it is read by the receiving process.
os.pipe2() method in Python is used to create a pipe with flags set automatically.
flags: The flags parameter is constructed by ORing together one or more of os.O_NONBLOCK and os.O_CLOEXEC values.
Return Type: This method returns a pair of file descriptors (r, w) usable for reading and writing, respectively.
Parent process is writing Text written: Hello child process Child Process is reading Text read: Hello child process
- class method vs static method in Python
- Python | os.dup() method
- Python | set() method
- Python | next() method
- Python | os.waitid() method
- Python | shutil.which() method
- Python PIL | getpalette() Method
- Python PIL | getcolors() Method
- Python | os.WIFEXITED() method
- Python | Tensorflow cos() method
- Python | os.major() method
- Python | os.stat() method
- Python | os.minor() method
- Python | os.fstat() method
- Python | os.umask() method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.