OS module in Python provides functions for interacting with the operating system. OS comes under Python’s standard utility modules. This module provides a portable way of using operating system dependent functionality.
All functions in os module raise OSError in the case of invalid or inaccessible file names and paths, or other arguments that have the correct type but are not accepted by the operating system.
os.pipe() method in Python is used to create a pipe. A pipe is a method to pass information from one process to another process. It offers only one-way communication and the passed information is held by the system until it is read by the receiving process.
Parameter: No parameter is required
Return Type: This method returns a pair of file descriptors (r, w) usable for reading and writing, respectively.
Parent process is writing Text written: Hello child process Child Process is reading Text read: Hello child process
- class method vs static method in Python
- Python | os.dup() method
- Python | next() method
- Python | set() method
- Python | os.chroot() method
- Python | os.dup2() method
- Python | os.close() method
- Python | os.remove() method
- Python | os.getenv() method
- Python | sympy.Pow() method
- Python | os.chflags() method
- Python PIL | getcolors() Method
- Python | os.getlogin() method
- Python | Tensorflow cos() method
- Python PIL | putdata() method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : shubham_singh