Python | os.chmod method
os.chmod() method in Python is used to change the mode of path to the numeric mode.
path – path name of the file or directory path
mode – mode may take one of the following values:
- stat.S_ISUID : Set user ID on execution
- stat.S_ISGID : Set group ID on execution
- stat.S_ENFMT : Record locking enforced
- stat.S_ISVTX : Save text image after execution
- stat.S_IREAD : Read by owner.
- stat.S_IWRITE : Write by owner.
- stat.S_IEXEC : Execute by owner.
- stat.S_IRWXU : Read, write, and execute by owner
- stat.S_IRUSR : Read by owner
- stat.S_IWUSR : Write by owner.
- stat.S_IXUSR : Execute by owner.
- stat.S_IRWXG : Read, write, and execute by group
- stat.S_IRGRP : Read by group
- stat.S_IWGRP : Write by group
- stat.S_IXGRP : Execute by group
- stat.S_IRWXO : Read, write, and execute by others.
- stat.S_IROTH : Read by others
- stat.S_IWOTH : Write by others
- stat.S_IXOTH : Execute by others
File can be read only by owner. File access changed, can be read by others now.
File can be written and executed only by owner.