os.chmod() method in Python is used to change the mode of path to the numeric mode.
path – path name of the file or directory path
mode – mode may take one of the following values:
- stat.S_ISUID : Set user ID on execution
- stat.S_ISGID : Set group ID on execution
- stat.S_ENFMT : Record locking enforced
- stat.S_ISVTX : Save text image after execution
- stat.S_IREAD : Read by owner.
- stat.S_IWRITE : Write by owner.
- stat.S_IEXEC : Execute by owner.
- stat.S_IRWXU : Read, write, and execute by owner
- stat.S_IRUSR : Read by owner
- stat.S_IWUSR : Write by owner.
- stat.S_IXUSR : Execute by owner.
- stat.S_IRWXG : Read, write, and execute by group
- stat.S_IRGRP : Read by group
- stat.S_IWGRP : Write by group
- stat.S_IXGRP : Execute by group
- stat.S_IRWXO : Read, write, and execute by others.
- stat.S_IROTH : Read by others
- stat.S_IWOTH : Write by others
- stat.S_IXOTH : Execute by others
File can be read only by owner. File access changed, can be read by others now.
File can be written and executed only by owner.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.