Given a number n, find length of the longest consecutive 1s in its binary representation.
Input : n = 14 Output : 3 The binary representation of 14 is 1110. Input : n = 222 Output : 4 The binary representation of 222 is 11011110.
We have existing solution for this problem please refer Length of the Longest Consecutive 1s in Binary Representation link. We can solve this problem quickly in python. Approach is very simple,
- Convert decimal number into it’s binary using bin() function and remove starting first two characters ‘0b’ because bin() function returns binary representattion of number in string form and appends ‘0b’ as prefix.
- Separate all sub-strings of consecutive 1’s separated by zeros using split() method of string.
- Print maximum length of splitted sub-strings of 1’s.
- Python | Find longest consecutive letter and digit substring
- Python | Average of each n-length consecutive segment in a list
- Python | Check if binary representation is palindrome
- Python | Binary list to integer
- Python | Check if there are K consecutive 1's in a binary number
- Python Program to Count number of binary strings without consecutive 1's
- Python Program for Zeckendorf\'s Theorem (Non-Neighbouring Fibonacci Representation)
- Check if the binary representation of a number has equal number of 0s and 1s in blocks
- Python | N consecutive Odd or Even Numbers
- Python | Remove Consecutive tuple according to key
- What is the maximum possible value of an integer in Python ?
- Python | Remove consecutive duplicates from list
- Python | Consecutive Maximum Occurrence in list
- Python | Consecutive remaining elements in list
- Python | Check if list contains consecutive numbers
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.