Prerequisite: List in Python
As we know Array is a collection of items stored at contiguous memory locations. In Python, List (Dynamic Array) can be treated as Array. In this article, we will learn how to initialize an empty array of some given size.
Let’s see different Pythonic ways to do this task.
Method 1 –
list1 =  * size list2 = [None] * size
[0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0] [None, None, None, None, None, None, None, None, None, None] ['A', 'A', 'A', 'A', 'A'] 
Method 2 – Use loops just like C and assign the size.
a = [0 for x in range(size)] #using loops
[0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0] [[None, None], [None, None]]
Method 3 – Using Numpy to create empty array.
[None None None None None] [[None None None None None] [None None None None None]]
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Best way to initialize empty array in PHP
- Python | Initialize list with empty dictionaries
- Initialize an Empty Dictionary in Python
- Different ways to Initialize all members of an array to the same value in C
- Python | Ways to initialize list with alphabets
- Python | Initialize a dictionary with only keys from a list
- Python | Which is faster to initialize lists?
- Initialize Matrix in Python
- Python | Initialize dictionary with None values
- Python | Initialize dictionary with multiple keys
- Python | Initialize dictionary with common value
- Python | Initialize common value to keys
- Python | Initialize tuples with parameters
- Python - Initialize dictionary with custom value list
- Python - Initialize dictionary keys with Matrix
- Initialize an ArrayList in Java
- Initialize HashMap in Java
- How to initialize all the imported modules in PyGame?
- Python | Remove trailing empty elements from given list
- Minimum removal of subsequences of distinct consecutive characters required to empty a given string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.