Python is a great language for doing data analysis, primarily because of the fantastic ecosystem of data-centric Python packages. Pandas is one of those packages, and makes importing and analyzing data much easier.
The most important thing in Data Analysis is comparing values and selecting data accordingly. The “==” operator works for multiple values in a Pandas Data frame too. Following two examples will show how to compare and select data from a Pandas Data frame.
To download the CSV file used, Click Here.
Example #1: Comparing Data
In the following example, a data frame is made from a csv file. In the Gender Column, there are only 3 types of values (“Male”, “Female” or NaN). Every row of Gender column is compared to “Male” and a boolean series is returned after that.
As show in the output image, for Gender= “Male”, the value in New Column is True and for “Female” and NaN values it is False.
Example #2: Selecting Data
In the following example, the boolean series is passed to the data and only Rows having Gender=”Male” are returned.
As shown in the output image, Data frame having Gender=”Male” is returned.
Note: For NaN values, the boolean value is False.
- Limited rows selection with given column in Pandas | Python
- Python | Tkinter ttk.Checkbutton and comparison with simple Checkbutton
- Comparison between Lists and Array in Python
- Chaining comparison operators in Python
- Python | Excel File Comparison
- Python Object Comparison : "is" vs "=="
- Python | Find Hotel Prices using Hotel price comparison API
- Python | Consecutive String Comparison
- Comparison of Python with Other Programming Languages
- Python - Similar characters Strings comparison
- Python2 vs Python3 | Syntax and performance Comparison
- Python | Selective value selection in list of tuples
- Comparison of Java with other programming languages
- When to Use Django? Comparison with other Development Stacks
- How to Filter and save the data as new files in Excel with Python Pandas?
- Python | pandas.to_markdown() in Pandas
- ML | Chi-square Test for feature selection
- Chi-Square Test for Feature Selection - Mathematical Explanation
- ML | Extra Tree Classifier for Feature Selection
- Choice Selection Fields in serializers - Django REST Framework