In this article we will see how to make a simple PyQt5 application to get the IP address
IP Address : An Internet Protocol address is a numerical label assigned to each device connected to a computer network that uses the Internet Protocol for communication. An IP address serves two main functions: host or network interface identification and location addressing.
Modules required and Installation:
PyQt5 : PyQt is a Python binding of the cross-platform GUI toolkit Qt, implemented as a Python plug-in. PyQt is free software developed by the British firm Riverbank Computing.
Requests : Requests allows you to send HTTP/1.1 requests extremely easily. There’s no need to manually add query strings to your URLs.
Steps for implementation :
1. Create a window
2. Create push button and set its geometry
3. Create label and set its geometry, border and alignment
4. Add action to the push button i.e when button get pressed action method should get called
5. Inside the action method with the help of requests to fetch the data
6. Filter the data to the get the IP address
7. Show IP address on the screen with the help of label
Below is the implementation
- Python3 for GUI application | An Overview
- Python | ToDo GUI Application using Tkinter
- Hierarchical treeview in Python GUI application
- Create First GUI Application using Python-Tkinter
- GUI chat application using Tkinter in Python
- Login Application and Validating info using Kivy GUI and Pandas in Python
- PyQt5 - Application to get the price of BitCoin
- Python script to get device vendor name from MAC Address
- Python GUI - tkinter
- Python | Designing GUI applications Using PyQt
- Python | Simple GUI calculator using Tkinter
- Python | Distance-time GUI calculator using Tkinter
- Python - Compound Interest GUI Calculator using Tkinter
- Cryptography GUI using python
- Python | Create a GUI Marksheet using Tkinter
- Python: Weight Conversion GUI using Tkinter
- Python | GUI Calendar using Tkinter
- Add QT GUI to Python for plotting graphics
- Create a GUI to convert CSV file into excel file using Python
- How to create a COVID19 Data Representation GUI?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.