PROM stands for Programmable Read-Only Memory
It is a memory chip on which information can be composed as it were once. Once a program has been composed onto a PROM, it remains there until the end of time. Not at all like Ram, PROMs hold their substance when the computer is turned off. A PROM is fabricated as blank memory, and after that, an uncommon burner is utilized to compose to it once. PROMS ordinarily store low-level gadget drivers for particular equipment and are burned once.
A programmable read-only memory may be a frame of advanced memory where the setting of each bit is bolted by a meld or anti-fuse. It is one sort of ROM. The information in them is changeless and cannot be changed. PROM could be a sort of ROM that’s modified after the memory is built. PROM chips have a few diverse applications, counting cell phones, video amusement supports, RFID labels, restorative gadgets, and other gadgets. They give a straightforward implies of programming electronic gadgets
block diagram of PROM
Applications of PROM
- Mobile Phones for giving Client Particular Selections.
- Implantable Restorative devices.
- Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID)tags.
- High definition Multimedia Interfaces(HDMI)
Characteristics of PROM
- It has programmable random access memory
- In prom And gates are fixed and or gates are programmable
- Prom Works as a memory
- It is not reusable.
- The storage endurance of PROM is high
- few functions can be actualized(it is effective when the work to be implemented(i.e the min terms) must have all the variables.
Advantages of PROM
- The programming can be done utilizing numerous sorts of program and does not depend on difficult wiring of the program to the chip.
- Since it isn’t conceivable to un-blow the intertwine, so the realness of the information remains intaglio and it is outlandish to evacuate or modify the substance.
Disadvantages of PROM
- PROM is that the data once burnt cannot be deleted or changed when recognized with errors.
Unlock the Power of Placement Preparation!
Feeling lost in OS, DBMS, CN, SQL, and DSA chaos? Our Complete Interview Preparation
Course is the ultimate guide to conquer placements. Trusted by over 100,000+ geeks, this course is your roadmap to interview triumph.
Ready to dive in? Explore our Free Demo Content and join our Complete Interview Preparation