The aim of this project is to develop an application which can detect pedestrians effectively. The problem of motion-based object detection can be divided into two parts:
a) Classifying pedestrians and non pedestrians features
a) Detecting pedestrians in each frame
b) Associating the detections corresponding to the same object over time
Tool :This project is based on Machine learning, We can provide image data set of pedestrians and non-pedestrians as an training data to the software tool which will extract important features using Adaboost classifier or SVM etc. and similar combination of strong/important features will be taken out for post-processing. We can use Python or Matlab as a building tool for this system.
Implementation : The Implementation of such a tool depends on two factors – Feature extraction and object detection methods.
So you can use various classifiers available online and also read about basic feature extraction algorithm.
Research : Detecting humans in images is a challenging task owing to their variable appearance. This is a booming research topic which is still going on for surveillance of large crowds in real time applications. Research areas include image processing, artificial Intelligence and machine learning.
IEEE Transaction paper on https://lear.inrialpes.fr/people/triggs/pubs/Dalal-cvpr05.pdf
Survey Paper: http://www.thesai.org/Downloads/Volume5No10/Paper_7-A_Survey_of_Pedestrian_Detection_in_Video.pdf
This article is contributed by AFZAL ANSARI. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- Project Idea | Motion detection using Background Subtraction Techniques
- Real-Time Edge Detection using OpenCV in Python | Canny edge detection method
- Python | Corner detection with Harris Corner Detection method using OpenCV
- Python | Corner Detection with Shi-Tomasi Corner Detection Method using OpenCV
- Object Detection with Detection Transformer (DERT) by Facebook
- Project Idea | (Model based Image Compression of Medical Images)
- Project Idea | ( Character Recognition from Image )
- Project Idea | (Optimization of Object-Based Image Analysis with Super-Pixel for Land Cover Mapping)
- Project Idea | Automatic Youtube Playlist Downloader
- Project Idea | Recommendation System based on Graph Database
- Project Idea | League of Fitness
- Project Idea | Get Your Logo
- Project Idea - Bio-Hashing : Two factor authentication
- Project Idea | Personality Analysis using hashtags from tweets
- Project Idea | AI Therapist
- Project Idea | Department Data Analysis Mobile Application
- Project Idea | LinkBook
- Project Idea | College Connect
- Project Idea | Amanda: A Smart Enquiry Chatbot
- Project Idea | noteSort (Classify handwritten notes)