Given first term (a), common ratio (r) and a integer n of the Geometric Progression series, the task is to print th n terms of the series.
Input : a = 2 r = 2, n = 4 Output : 2 4 8 16
We know the Geometric Progression series is like = 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 …….
In this series 2 is the stating term of the series .
Common ratio = 4 / 2 = 2 (ratio common in the series).
so we can write the series as :
t1 = a1
t2 = a1 * r(2-1)
t3 = a1 * r(3-1)
t4 = a1 * r(4-1)
tN = a1 * r(n-1)
To print the Geometric Progression series we use the simple formula .
TN = a1 * r(n-1)
2 6 18 54 162
- Program for N-th term of Geometric Progression series
- Geometric Progression
- Number of GP (Geometric Progression) subsequences of size 3
- Program to print Arithmetic Progression series
- Removing a number from array to make it Geometric Progression
- Minimum number of operations to convert a given sequence into a Geometric Progression
- Program for sum of geometric series
- Program for N-th term of Arithmetic Progression series
- Geometric mean (Two Methods)
- Find N Geometric Means between A and B
- Sum of Arithmetic Geometric Sequence
- Program to print Hut
- Find Harmonic mean using Arithmetic mean and Geometric mean
- Integer part of the geometric mean of the divisors of N
- Program to print the sum of the given nth term
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.