Given first term (a), common ratio (r) and a integer N of the Geometric Progression series, the task is to find Nth term of the series.
Input : a = 2 r = 2, N = 4 Output : The 4th term of the series is : 16 Input : a = 2 r = 3, N = 5 Output : The 5th term of the series is : 162
We know the Geometric Progression series is like = 2, 4, 8, 16, 32 …. …
In this series 2 is the stating term of the series .
Common ratio = 4 / 2 = 2 (ratio common in the series).
so we can write the series as :
t1 = a1
t2 = a1 * r(2-1)
t3 = a1 * r(3-1)
t4 = a1 * r(4-1)
tN = a1 * r(N-1)
To find the Nth term in the Geometric Progression series we use the simple formula .
TN = a1 * r(N-1)
The 5th term of the series is : 162
- Program for N-th term of Arithmetic Progression series
- Program to print GP (Geometric Progression)
- Program for sum of geometric series
- Program to print Arithmetic Progression series
- Geometric Progression
- Number of GP (Geometric Progression) subsequences of size 3
- Removing a number from array to make it Geometric Progression
- Minimum number of operations to convert a given sequence into a Geometric Progression
- Program to find the Nth term of the series 3, 20, 63, 144, 230, ……
- Program to find Nth term of series 3, 12, 29, 54, 86, 128, 177, 234, .....
- Program to find the Nth term of the series 0, 3/1, 8/3, 15/5........
- Program to find the Nth term of the series 3, 7, 13, 21, 31.....
- Program to find Nth term in the series 0, 2, 1, 3, 1, 5, 2, 7, 3,…
- Program to find Nth term of series 1, 6, 17, 34, 56, 86, 121, 162, .......
- Program to find Nth term in the given Series
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.