Here, We’ll be making Indian Flag in Python using Spyder tool which is a part of Anaconda interface. It is the beginner’s practice problem for python programmers.
Prerequisite: The only prerequisite for this code is little knowledge of basic python programming. You may install anaconda from here if you don’t have any interpreter for python.
Approach: We will be using simple characteristic equations of lines and circles in this code. It is recommended to try on your own before getting to the solution altogether.
Import these 3 packages for the functions used in this code.
import skimage # for using image processing functions import os from skimage import io # for using imshow function
1. Read an image of at least the expected dimensions of the flag.
image2 = io.imread('C:\Users\geeksforgeeks\Desktop\index.jpg')
2. Let us assume the dimensions of the flag to be 189px high and 267px wide.
x = 189/2 y = 267/2 r = 189/6
3. Start two for loops to iterate to every pixel of the image.
for i in range(0, 189): for j in range(0, 267):
Inside the inner loop perform 3-(a) and 3-(b).
3-(a). By dividing the image into 3 equal part height-wise color the image in orange, white and green.
if i in range(0, 189/3): image2[i][j] = [255, 128, 64] # Color coding for Orange elif i in range(189/3, 189*2/3): image2[i][j] = [255, 255, 255] # Color coding for White else: image2[i][j] = [0, 128, 0] # Color coding for Green
3-(b). Now it’s time to draw the circle at the center for the Ashoka Chakra, using equation of circle.
if (( pow((x-i), 2) + pow((y-j), 2) ) = pow(r-2, 2)): image2[i][j] = [0, 0, 255]
4. To draw spokes of the Chakra, we need to use equation of lines which stays inside the circle only, here I have drawn 4 x 2 spokes, however all 24 spokes can be drawn by using 12 equations as each line leads to two opposite spokes.
for i in range(189/3, 189*2/3): for j in range(267/3, 267*2/3): if ((i == 189/2) or (j == 267/2) or (i+39 == j or (i+39+j == 266))) and (( pow((x-i), 2) + pow((y-j), 2) ) <= pow(r, 2)) : image2[i][j] = [0, 0, 255]
5. It’s time to view our image now so we will use <imshow function.
And Over Indian Flag in just 5 steps.
The overall code will look something like this…
- Steps to reduce N to zero by subtracting its most significant digit at every step
- Python Program to check whether it is possible to make a divisible by 3 number using all digits in an array
- Use of FLAG in programming
- Python | Make pair from two list such that elements are not same in pairs
- Python Program for Efficient program to print all prime factors of a given number
- Python Program for Program to calculate area of a Tetrahedron
- Python Program for Program to find area of a circle
- Python Program for Program to Print Matrix in Z form
- Python Program for Program to find the sum of a Series 1/1! + 2/2! + 3/3! + 4/4! +.......+ n/n!
- Python program to add two numbers
- Python Program for Cutting a Rod | DP-13
- Python Program for ShellSort
- Python | How to time the program
- Python Program for QuickSort
- Python program to convert POS to SOP
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.