Given the Length and Speed of the train and the time takes by the train to passes the bridge or tunnel, the task is to find the length of the bridge.
Input : length of train = 120 meters, Speed = 30 m/sec, time = 18 sec
Output : length of bridge = 420 meters.
Input : length of train = 130 meters, Speed = 25 m/sec, time = 21 sec
Output : length of bridge = 395 meters.
Let the length of the bridge be .
As it is known that Speed = Distance / Time
Total distance = (length of train + length of bridge)
=> Speed of train = (length of train + x) / Time.
=> x = (Speed of train * time) – Length of train.
length of bridge = (speed of train * time taken to cross bridge) – length of train.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Length of bridge = 420 meters
- C program to find the length of a string
- Program for focal length of a lens
- Find length of Diagonal of Hexagon
- Find length of period in decimal value of 1/n
- Program to determine focal length of a spherical mirror
- Find a range of composite numbers of given length
- Find length of longest Fibonacci like subsequence
- Find longest length number in a string
- Find the number of valid parentheses expressions of given length
- Find the count of numbers that can be formed using digits 3, 4 only and having length at max N.
- Program to print reverse character bridge pattern
- Find minimum speed to finish all Jobs
- Length of the Diagonal of the Octagon
- Length of longest rod that can fit into a cuboid
- The length of a string using pointers
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.