Two guns were fired from same place at an interval of ‘X’ minutes. A person who is approaching the shooting place by train hears the shooting sound at an interval of ‘Y’ minutes, The task is to find the ‘S’ i.e speed of the train.
Note: Speed of the sound in air is 330m/s in a fixed value.
Input: X = 14 min, Y = 13.5 min
Output: S = 44 km/hr
Input: X = 8 min, Y = 7.2 min
Output: S = 132 km/hr
Approach: Take the first example,
- Distance covered by the train in Y minutes
= Distance covered by the sound in (X – Y) minutes
= 330 * (X – Y) * 60 minutes (Distance = speed of sound * time)
- Speed of the train
= (330 * (X – Y) * 60 ) / Y (Speed = distance / time)
= (330 * 60 * (X – Y)) / 1000 * (60 / y)
= 1188 [ (X – Y) / Y] km/hr
- Now, According to 1st example
Time difference i.e (X – Y) = 14.00 – 13.30 = 30sec
Speed of train = 1188 * [ (14 – 13.5) / 13.5 ] = 44km/hr
- This can be calculated by using the below formula:
Below is the implementation of the above approach.
- Program to find Length of Bridge using Speed and Length of Train
- Find minimum speed to finish all Jobs
- Calculate speed, distance and time
- Number of hours after which the second person moves ahead of the first person if they travel at a given speed
- Program to find sum of 1 + x/2! + x^2/3! +...+x^n/(n+1)!
- Program to find the Depreciation of Value
- Program to find the last two digits of x^y
- Program to find HCF iteratively
- Program to find last two digits of 2^n
- Program to find the value of sin(nΘ)
- Program to find Sum of a Series a^1/1! + a^2/2! + a^3/3! + a^4/4! +…….+ a^n/n!
- Program to find sum of the given sequence
- Program to find LCM of 2 numbers without using GCD
- Program to find the value of tan(nΘ)
- Program to find sum of series 1*2*3 + 2*3*4+ 3*4*5 + . . . + n*(n+1)*(n+2)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.