Given a string and a character, task is to make a function which count occurrence of the given character in the string.
Input : str = "geeksforgeeks" c = 'e' Output : 4 'e' appears four times in str. Input : str = "abccdefgaa" c = 'a' Output : 3 'a' appears three times in str.
This article is contributed by Sahil Rajput. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Count occurrence of a given character in a string using Stream API in Java
- Minimize the length of string by removing occurrence of only one character
- Generate two output strings depending upon occurrence of character in input string.
- Generate two output strings depending upon occurrence of character in input string in Python
- Count of strings that can be formed from another string using each character at-most once
- Count occurrences of a character in a repeated string
- Count of number of given string in 2D character array
- Program to find the kth character after decrypting a string
- Rearrange given string to maximize the occurrence of string t
- Count substrings that starts with character X and ends with character Y
- Find a string such that every character is lexicographically greater than its immediate next character
- Replace every character of string by character whose ASCII value is K times more than it
- Check if frequency of character in one string is a factor or multiple of frequency of same character in other string
- Find indices of all occurrence of one string in other
- Map every character of one string to another such that all occurrences are mapped to the same character